9 Things That Happen When You Join the BRL Squad
You won't be the same after you walk through those double doors.
1. You meet people from all around the world and begin to consider yourself a global ambassador.
Um, President Obama, need a backup Secretary of State?
2. You master the greyscale printer.
3. “Hungry” ceases to be in your vocabulary because learners offer you so much food.
It's a scientific fact that English is best learned via the stomach.
4. Someone will tell you that they want to tutor and/or teach a class at BRL and you get way too excited and tell them how much they will LOVE it.
5. You watch new program succeed and you're all like:
6. You get way too excited when your social media post gets ALL THE LIKES.
7. When you have a meeting that's the most productive and motivating:
8. You realize that volunteers make the world go 'round.
The real MVPs.
9. BRL becomes a place you love.
Whether you're a volunteer, AmeriCorps member, staff, or a friend of literacy, you know BRL is like a family, and we love what we do and who we work with. Not familiar with us? Come check us out in downtown Roanoke and see what we're all about.