You won't be the same after you walk through those double doors.
1. You meet people from all around the world and begin to consider yourself a global ambassador.
Um, President Obama, need a backup Secretary of State?
2. You master the greyscale printer.
3. “Hungry” ceases to be in your vocabulary because learners offer you so much food.
It's a scientific fact that English is best learned via the stomach.
4. Someone will tell you that they want to tutor and/or teach a class at BRL and you get way too excited and tell them how much they will LOVE it.
5. You watch new program succeed and you're all like:
6. You get way too excited when your social media post gets ALL THE LIKES.
7. When you have a meeting that's the most productive and motivating:
8. You realize that volunteers make the world go 'round.
The real MVPs.
9. BRL becomes a place you love.
Whether you're a volunteer, AmeriCorps member, staff, or a friend of literacy, you know BRL is like a family, and we love what we do and who we work with. Not familiar with us? Come check us out in downtown Roanoke and see what we're all about.